Some Good News


My first collection of poetry, Praise Nothing, is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com, Powells, and Barnes & Noble! The listed release date is February 1.

The book was a finalist for the Miller Williams Poetry Prize and is being published by the University of Arkansas Press. Working with the the talented people at the press has made this process unbelievably easy. So very professional and helpful. I feel lucky. So thankful.

The cover image to the left is somewhat low-res, but it'll have to do until I can get a higher-res version from the press. The brilliant artwork that appears above the title is called "Solar Eclipse 2 (Crowd Watch)" and is by Andrew B. Myers, who was kind enough to let me use his work. If you don't know his work, check it out by clicking this link. Also, here's a link to an image of the entire piece.

The book will also be available at the AWP Conference in Boston this March. That's where Praise Nothing will make its official debut. I'll be signing copies at the AWP Bookfair, March 8. More details on that signing and upcoming readings coming soon.

Other good news: my poem "Exchange," one that's really central to my new work, has just appeared in the current issue of Anti-. Many fine poets in this issue, including Keith Montesano, Ruth Awad, David J. Daniels, Nate Pritts, Richard Newman, Stephanie Goehring, and many others. I hope you'll click over and ready my poem and the other works included in this issue.

In other news, I'm contemplating moving this blog over to a webpage or platform that's a little more official and stable. My posts here have been so infrequent in recent months that I don't think I can really call this "blogging" anyway. It's sad to think of this project as being defunct, but it may just be time to move on. I'll keep you posted.