Upcoming Readings


This Saturday, I'll be reading poems from Praise Nothing alongside Will Schutt, winner of the 2012 Yale Series of Younger Poets competition, who will read from his first book, Westerly.

On Saturday, April 12 we'll be at Parnassus Books -- yep, the glorious indie bookstore in Nashville founded by Ann Patchett. The reading starts at 2pm. From what I understand, Parnassus doesn't hold that many poetry events and so we're really hoping to bring out a good-sized crowd and to set a precedent for future poetry readings. If you're in Nashville or know anyone who is, can you send them our way? Promises to be a great event.

I've also just been asked to give a reading for the Writer's Night series at Artifactia in Knoxville. I'll be reading along with Linda Parsons Marion whose third book, Bound, was recently published. Not yet settled on the date for this event, but it'll be sometime soon in April. I'll let you know.

I've also got a reading as part of the Knoxville Writers' Guild speaking series. I'll be reading with award-winning poet Arthur Smith at 7pm on May 2 at the Laurel Theatre. Free admission and signing to follow.

Art's most recent book, The Fortunate Era, was just published by Carnegie Mellon University Press and it is a stunner. I reread it recently and sat on the couch shaking my head and laughing and wondering, "Damn, how does he do this in poem after poem?" Highly recommend his book.

Hope to see you soon!